Please, please follow all the steps to register prior to arriving at API to save time and stress on tryout day!
If you have any trouble with the registration steps, reach out to us via email/text/call, contact info below. We will not be able to have any spectators in the gym due to space limitations around the courts, thank you for understanding!
If after reading this page, you have questions about the tryout registration process, please reach out to:
BAVA Club Director
Phone: 4104436677 (text or call)
USA Volleyball will be using the SportsEngine system. You can look at the the CHRVA Membership page for further information.
To register with USA Volleyball (USAV) and the Chesapeake Region (CHRVA), please decide if you will do a full season membership or just a tryout membership, then click the appropriate link below based on your age on July 1, 2023:
Cost is $55. Please click the link below based on your age on July 1, 2023. Once your full membership is purchased, you will be set for the season.
Cost is $25. This option purchases a 10 day tryout membership. Be sure to choose the dates that cover the BAVA tryout period (November 5-15). If you make a team and decide to play, your membership will need to be upgraded (+$30) to a full time membership prior to starting practices.
* The $50 tryout fee is non-refundable. It pays for the administration of tryouts: facility rental, insurance, coaches, etc.
* Only credit cards will be accepted, the $3 processing fee will be charged at checkout.
* If you attend multiple age groups for tryouts, you only pay one tryout registration fee. In the registration form you will tell us which age group(s) tryouts you plan to attend.
PRIOR TO REGISTERING, YOU WILL NEED:
- An electronic copy of your birth certificate to upload to our system. Please take a picture with your phone/tablet prior to doing your registration so it can be uploaded.
- A profile picture. Please save a picture on your phone/tablet prior to doing your registration so it can be uploaded.
- Your medical insurance information.
- Your USAV membership number, generated in Step #1 above.
- A credit card to pay the $50 (plus the $3 credit card processing fee) tryout fee.
The Registration "Tryout Registration" is not currently available.
Tryouts are held at the API Facility. Click below for details.
BRING A PARENT
*A parent must attend tryouts with you. This is to ensure all documentation and registrations are complete, as players cannot complete this information on their own.
BRING THIS DOCUMENTATION:
*** Completed USAV Medical Form (listed in step #3 above)
*** Copy of your USAV/CHRVA registration card (generated from step #1 above). Your player only has one card (not two separate).
Instructions to find your digital copy:
Sign in to the BAVA website and go to the Household tab of your dashboard. (Different way to navigate: click your photo/initials on the top right of the website, then click MySportsengine, the click the Household tab.)
Find your player and click View Profile at the bottom of their box.
On the right-hand side, locate the correct player membership and click View Details.
Across from the Membership name, click Save Membership Card > Print Card.
The new page will display a printable version of the membership card. Please screenshot your card and have it saved on your phone OR printed out.
BRING YOUR VOLLEYBALL GEAR:
* wear athletic clothes and shoes
* knee pads are not required, but wear them if you would like
* bring a water bottle (there is a water fountain for refills)
* any ankle braces, etc. you wear while playing
* your mask, hand sanitizer, wipes (all optional)
* a bag to keep your personal items in while playing