At the 13's level...
* BAVA plans to offer 1 team
* BAVA has high expectations for player commitment
* the team will practice 2 times per week December-March
* the team will attend 9-10 tournaments, a couple of them multi-day with overnight travel
* players generally have some volleyball experience at the rec and club level, but some players may be new to the sport
For this age group, BAVA club volleyball is competitive, it is not a recreational league. BAVA fields competitive teams, which requires a serious commitment from players and their families. There will be around 10-12 players selected per team.
BAVA takes pride in offering two dedicated coaches to each team. Our coaches have extensive volleyball experience and participate in continuing education to expand our volleyball knowledge.
At the 13's level, teams will practice 2 times per week December-May.
The practice schedule will be available after tryouts have concluded.
BAVA expects the team at this level to play in the following tournaments for the upcoming season. The schedule is subject to change.
February 5-6: Steel City Freeze (Pittsburgh, PA)
February 19-21: Capitol Hill Classic (Washington DC)
Marcy 12-13: Grand Prix Maryland (Ocean CIty, MD)
April 2 or 3: CHRVA Regionals
April 16-18: Northeast Qualifier (Philadelphia, PA)
May 7-8: Beachfest (Ocean City, MD)
Plus 4-5 one day tournaments hosted by CHRVA clubs and BAVA.
Tournaments held within CHRVA (the Chesapeake Region). They can be anywhere in Delaware, Maryland, and Northern Virginia. They are typically 1 or 2 days per weekend. Sites for these tournaments will be published in December by the Region. BAVA does not have a role in determining the site locations for regional tournaments.
We host tournaments during the season at Truxtun Rec Center, Washington College, and Athletic Performance, Inc. (API). Hosting these tournaments offsets the costs each family pays. Helping sell t-shirts, set-up, and clean up at the tournaments is appreciated from all our BAVA families. All BAVA tournaments are 1 day per weekend.
Tournaments include 2 or 3 days of play and may require an additional travel days. They are regularly scheduled on holiday weekends that may include Martin Luther King Day, President’s Day, Easter, and Memorial Day weekend.
BAVA coaches and staff are available to help players through and in the college recruiting process. Please know the majority of the responsibility will be placed on the players and their family; however, BAVA has resources to help the process. Below are a few of the services included in the season for our players:
* Questionnaire and discussion with BAVA coaches on player’s college interests to narrow the colleges to a manageable list for recruiting and contacting the college coaches.
* BAVA coaches and staff are available and willing to talk with college coaches on the behalf of players at tournaments, via email, and phone.
* Player information posted on the BAVA website. Player pages can include links to your skill and game videos.
* BAVA will offer sessions during the season for players to make their skill videos. BAVA will provide the gym, equipment, and coaches, while the player provides the skills, and the parents do the recording.