The BAVA Stars Development Program is designed for younger players who are interested in skill development and game play, eventually to play in the full club season. It is appropriate for girls ages 10-14/grades 5-8.
The Stars program is a step up in time/commitment level from the Fall Rec League and a step lower in time/commitment level from the travel Club Season.
Please read everything below. If you still have questions, please reach out to:
Phone: 4104436677 (text/call)
11 weeks of learning skills in a practice format (January 12 through March 23). Players will develop skills and learn game play.
1 tournament on a weekend day (March 25 or 26)
* The tournament date will depend on the age group of the team(s) we are able to form based on registrations, which will be determined in late January.
Annapolis Area Christian School
Middle School Campus
716 Bestgate Road
Annapolis, MD 21401
Thursdays: January 12 thru March 23
Players must be 14 or younger on July 1, 2023. Minimum age is 10.
$55 to register with USA Volleyball
$500 to register with BAVA (plus the $16 credit card transaction fee)
1) BAVA will send you an invitation via email to connect your USA Volleyball registration to the BAVA database. This is how we know you have a membership. Emails will be sent between Jan 6-9 and will come directly from SportsEngine.
2) Please print, fill out the below medical form and bring it to the first practice. We will have copies available if you do not have access to a printer (bring your medical information that is on the form to practice so it is easy to fill out).
* wear athletic gear and shoes
* a full water bottle (there is a water fountain for refills)
* hair pulled back in a pony tail or headband
* no jewelry
* volleyball knee pads are not required or needed (but you can wear them if you want!)
* a bag to store your personal items
* your own hand sanitizer/wipes if you want
* a mask if you want, not required
First practice is Thursday, January 12, 6:30-8:30pm at Annapolis Area Christian School (716 Bestgate Road, Annapolis, MD 21401). Please arrive between 6:15-6:30pm
Parents—please come in with your player to complete registration (verify USAV registration and complete medical form info).
Once registration is complete, the players will go into the gym for practice. We do not have room for parents to spectate in the gym. There is a lobby for you to sit (bring your own chair) and you can view into the gym from this lobby area.
It will close on January 2 or when the program is full (whichever comes first).
* The season membership cost is $55. Please complete the registration steps all the way to the end. You will need your CHRVA registration number (7 digits) in the BAVA registration step #2.
* Registration must be done by a parent on behalf of your daughter. Have your credit card and parent's drivers license available.
* All players must be registered with USA Volleyball through the CHRVA registration to be eligible to participate.
Registration note as of Jan 2 10:30am:
We are at capacity and registration is closed.
PRIOR TO REGISTERING, YOU WILL NEED:
- Your USAV number generated in step #1.
- An electronic copy of your birth certificate to upload to our system. Please take a picture with your phone/tablet prior to doing your registration so it can be uploaded.
- A credit card for payment. The cost is $500.
Please print, fill out the below medical form and bring it to the first practice. We will have copies available if you do not have access to a printer (bring your medical information that is on the form to practice so it is easy to fill out).
* If you tell BAVA (via email firstname.lastname@example.org) 10 or more days prior to the start of the program (January 2 or before) that you are unable to attend, all but $50 of your registration fee will be refunded.
* If you tell BAVA (via email email@example.com) 0-9 days prior to the start of the program (January 3-12) that you are unable to attend, registration fees are non-refundable.
* if you tell BAVA (via email firstname.lastname@example.org) after the program has started (after January 12) that you are unable to participate, registration fees are non-refundable.
* pro-rated fees are not available.
Bio coming soon
Bio coming soon
Bio coming soon